For Cairns’ largest range of Fitzroy Island tours contact our tourist information center and ask for our Fitzroy Island specialist who can assist you with all options including half day and full day options with snorkel equipment and glass bottom boat experiences. Ask about our wide range of packages including with lunch or our budget eco adventures and ferry transfers to this beautiful island out from Cairns. We visit Fitzroy Island regularly and can give you the latest up to date information on Fitzroy Island.
Our Cairns Beaches Tourist Information Centre offers has the largest range of Fitzroy Tour Island options. This idyllic 339 hectare island is filled with extensive rainforest and is surrounded by fringing coral reef. It is a continental island, approximate 29km south-eat of Cairns. Discover one of the most unspoilt islands on the Great Barrier Reef. Great for families of all ages and for romantic getaways. Island facilities which include the diving school, cafes, restaurant, Foxy’s bar, walking trails, glass bottom boat tours, kayaking, snorkelling and beach equipment hire. This island’s tropical magic experience will definitely create long lasting memories. Easy to get to, just a 45 minute ferry trip from Cairns.
Drop into our Cairns Beaches Visitor Centre and get a copy of our famous Fitzroy Island mud map hand drawn 20 years ago when our manager Peter was marooned on the island for a week. We can show you the best beaches, how to find the best section of the reef, the most beautiful rainforest and island walks. Utilise our extensive local knowledge. Drop in, phone or just email us.
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef: Snorkelling, Diving and Swimming. Swim, snorkel and dive in safety off our iconic coral beaches, exploring this world heritage listed coral reef system at your own pace.
- Explore the bush walking tracks throughout the island, like the lighthouse and summit walks, with views all the way to the Barrier reef.
- There is plenty to do on the island’s beaches whether your aim is to relax or get adventurous. This includes fishing, whale watching (between July & September) or just watching the starts by firelight at night.
- Just 45 minutes from Cairns by air conditioned Fast Cat
|$78 pp return
|$39 pp return
|$205 pp return
Fast Cat Transfer Only
FREE Self-guided walks and Beach Swimming
|$91 pp return
|$47 pp return
|$235 pp return
Fast Cat Transfer + either: Glass Bottom Boat or Snorkelling Gear
|$105 pp return
|$59 pp return
|$285 pp return
Fast Cat Transfer + Glass Bottom Boat + Snorkelling Gear
Getting to Fitzroy Island
Daily Departures from Cairns 8:00am, 11:00am & 1:30pm
Daily Departures to Cairns 9:30am, 12:15pm & 5:00pm
Just 45 minutes from Cairns by air conditioned Fast Cat
* 11am & 12:15pm transfers do not operate February/March